Re: Can't open workspace

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 13:51:49 EDT

    On Mar 18, 2008, at 6:12 AM, Archibald Singleton wrote:

    >>> That doesn't seem right ... There is no difference between the
    >>> ones in System and frameworks being somewhere else. It's
    >>> controlled entirely by that wobuild.properties setting. You're
    >>> not doing something right, but I don't know what.
    >>
    >> Actually I have removed my build.properties file from /Users but
    >> still have my classpath files written with HOMEROOT instead of
    >> WOROOT?!
    >>
    >> Anyway, it won't save what I check in the jars in the build path
    >> between restart...
    >>
    >> My build.properties was just:
    >> -----
    >> wo.wosystemroot = /Users/xavier/
    >> -----
    >
    > You'll want to make sure that the corresponding directory in your
    > file system needs has the same layout as original WO System
    > Frameworks layout e.g. /User/xavier/Library/Frameworks/...
    >
    > Also if you want your apps to automatically open in the brower,
    > you'll need to have /User/xavier/System/Library/WebObjects/
    > Executables/WOOpenURL point to /usr/bin/open

    Isn't that /User/xavier/Library/WebObjects/Executables/WOOpenURL (no
    System, IIRC)

    It also depends on how you do it. For WOLips, I include the
    frameworks in my home dir. That is what gets loaded when run from
    Eclipse:

    > /Users/chuck/Library/Frameworks/JavaEOAccess.framework/Resources/
    > Java/javaeoaccess.jar
    > --> Exists
    > /Users/chuck/Library/Frameworks/JavaEOControl.framework/Resources/
    > Java/javaeocontrol.jar
    > --> Exists

    I define wo.wosystemroot in my project's build.xml (actually, a common
    build.xml) so it is set correct for the Ant builder.

    WOOpenURL is used from /System/Library

    Chuck