Re: Mark your calendar: WOWODC is coming

From: Archibald Singleton (concierg..xidia.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2008 - 15:29:36 EDT

    Hello Simon,

    On 18 Mar 2008, at 11:33, Simon McLean wrote:
    >>> Not really... hotels and flights are much more expensive (in
    >>> dollars) than last year. For us it more or less the same. I really
    >>> wanted the $700 flight this year... :(
    >>
    >> Just tried to book a flight with Air France from Brussels -> San
    >> Francisco (2-way): 635
    >>
    >> Thought wow this is *cheap* until I realised that the price was
    >> valid only from the USA (with a US credit card) and in USD
    >>
    >> From Europe the price for the same flight is 820 EUR wich is ~ 1
    >> 300 USD ie twice as expensive, talk about being screwed :-(
    >>
    >> = tmk =
    >
    > We build travel applications (in WO). Just checked the price on that
    > route for you. Best price depends on your dates of course, but if
    > you fly out on the 6th and back on the 14th with American,
    > connecting in JFK, we can get it for 512.60 GBP. Not a big
    > difference, but would leave you with quite a few extra beer
    > dollars :-).

    Thanks a lot for the tip.

    Problem is I do not want to fly an any american company because they
    have the horrible horrible idea of using hubs which are conveniences
    for them but a TOTAL nightmare for travellers (how's backward is that
    in terms of servicing your customers).

    And after doing the Brussels - JFK - SF thing three times in a row for
    WWDC, and ending up with my luggage lost *each* time (probably due
    to), flight delays *each time* and eventually a 24-hour long trip each
    time , I figured there must be a better way.

    So now I ony flight direct from Paris or Amsterdam to SF, the trip
    last ~ 14h, and they still manage to lose my luggage, but at least I
    win 10 hours :-)

    > If you know the exact dates you want I can get one or our res team
    > to check consolidated fares for you.

    Oh that'd be nice, thanks a lot! I'm planning to leave Brussels on
    Friday, June 6 and SF on Tuesday June 17 (but monday is ok too).

    The prices are changing everyday and the funny thing is that they seem
    to get cheaper :-o

    I've now found a flight Brussels - Paris - SF and back for 650 EUR
    (leaving on June 6 and back on June 17), which is great.
    But seems impossible to purchase through their website. I've already
    tried probably a dozen time over 3 days.
    It basically takes 10 minutes to fill the various forms and when I
    come to the last one with the credit card information, confirm button
    just doesn't work. Tried with 3 different browsers :-(. Really terrible.

    = tmk =