Building under both WO 5.3 and 5.4 under Leopard

From: Art Isbell (aisbel..ac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 19:00:35 EDT

    Eclipse 3.2.2
    WOLips 3.3.4906
    OS X 10.5.2
    WO 5.3.3
    No WOnder

            I'd appreciate your suggestions about how to handle an issue with
    building under both WO 5.3 and 5.4 under Leopard.

            Under Xcode, I would soft-link developer builds of framework projects
    to /Library/Frameworks so that /Library/Frameworks would always have
    my most recent framework project builds without my having to remember
    to install them in /Library/Frameworks.

            So I tried doing the same under Eclipse. In my wo53 and wo54
    scripts, I soft-link <project_name>.framework in the project's "build"
    directory to /Library/Frameworks. Eclipse was VERY unhappy with this
    throwing such serious exceptions that I was unable to flip open a
    project in Package Explorer (the small triangle would disappear when
    clicked). I had almost decided that my Eclipse installation had
    become corrupted somehow and was about to reinstall.

            Then I looked inside the "build" directory's <project_name>.framework
    and saw that this is a very incomplete framework compared with the one
    built by ant in the "dist" directory. So I changed my wo53 and wo54
    scripts to soft-link <project_name>.framework in the project's "dist"
    directory to /Library/Frameworks. This made Eclipse happy, but now I
    see that certain project rebuilds delete the dist directory resulting
    in errors due to required libraries in /Library/Frameworks not
    existing (i.e., the soft links have been broken).

            Can I add an ant build to the normal incremental build process so
    that <project_name>.framework is always in the project's "dist"
    directory? If so, how? Is there a better fix for this problem?

    Aloha,
    Art