Re: use Maven (was: Re: Building under both WO 5.3 and 5.4 under Leopard)

From: Art Isbell (aisbel..ac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2008 - 15:07:06 EDT

    On Mar 23, 2008, at 4:06 AM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

    > Yes, use Maven. That fixes the problem of concurrent library
    > versions in different projects "by nature", e.g. Maven was made for
    > this.

            Thanks for this suggestion. I know others who use Maven with their
    WO projects.

            However, for a non-Java programmer coming from an Objective-C
    background, who isn't familiar with Eclipse and its many plugins, and
    who wants to spend most of his effort adding functionality to WO apps
    rather than learning new and frequently arcane Java tools, adding yet
    another unfamiliar tool to the mix of Eclipse, WOLips, ant, etc.,
    isn't a very appealing prospect. The need to use both WO 5.3 and 5.4
    frameworks on the same partition is a temporary requirement for me,
    and one that seems to be mostly resolved, so I think I'll concentrate
    my tool learning on Eclipse and WOLips at this time.

    Aloha,
    Art