Re: Building under both WO 5.3 and 5.4 under Leopard

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2008 - 13:17:57 EDT

  • Next message: Simon McLean (JIRA): "[OS-JIRA] Created: (WOL-760) Component Editor > Refactor > Format introduces extra spaces into html comments each time it runs"

    On Mar 21, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >> So what are Eclipse users doing to make this work? Are you
    >> installing any old versions of your custom frameworks in /Library/
    >> Frameworks so that Eclipse is happy when you add your custom
    >> frameworks to the list of Local WebObjects Frameworks?
    > Yes, and it's stupid and error-prone. You can also switch to
    > declaring your framework dependencies directly in your ant build
    > file and then ONLY use project dependencies (this is how Anjo does
    > it, for instance).

    I do that, but I also have the library dependancies as I don't have
    all of the projects open in Eclipse. This does allow you to do away
    with the cursed ant.frameworks.* and ant.classpaths.* files.

    > I happen to be mostly disgusted by this, because I hate ant so much,
    > but the alternative is nearly as silly. This is all slated to be
    > replaced (it's actually already written) to unify project and
    > framework dependencies into a single concept so you don't have to
    > muck with doing it twice. This is all just leftover cruft from "how
    > it's always worked" since the beginning of days.

    Chuck