Configuring identical Eclipse/WOLips settings on multiple computers

From: Art Isbell (aisbel..ac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2008 - 19:40:51 EDT

    Tiger and Leopard
    Eclipse 3.3.2
    WOLips 3.3.5047
    Goal: Copy Eclipse/WOLips configuration from one system to others

            I sent my workspace's .metadata directory to a coworker 2500+ miles
    away in hopes that she could use it to configure her Eclipse/WOLips
    workspace with settings identical to mine. We have a CVS repository
    that we can both access, so she is able to populate her workspace with
    the same file versions as are in mine.

            She can view the WO framework projects in WO Package Explorer and see
    the non-filtered files and directories. But she cannot view the non-
    filtered files and directories in the WO app projects. These WO app
    projects have build errors as well. She can see the project files and
    directories in Navigator. Unfortunately, I can't see what she's
    seeing, so I probably don't have all the details.

            She has tried deleting and importing an app project, but she says
    that the import dialog doesn't indicate that the app project is
    available for importing. Maybe this means the Eclipse isn't
    recognizing the app project as a project.

            What do you suggest that she try to resolve this problem?

    Aloha,
    Art