Re: maven-wolifecycle-plugin configuration options?

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 16:25:56 EDT

    Hi Lachlan,

    On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Lachlan Deck <lachlan.dec..mail.com> wrote:
    > But I'm not seeing a list of configuration options available. Apart from
    > scouring the source code, would someone have a list already?
    > e.g.,
    > a) what does <extensions>true</extensions> do?

    You must use the extensions tag to tell Maven to extend the build
    process with some plug-in, in this case maven-wolifecycle-plugin. With
    this configuration you be able to package WO projects as woapplication
    and woframework.

    In order to build a WebObjects application/framework you have to add
    the following snippet to your pom.xml:

    <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <groupId>org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2</groupId>
            <artifactId>maven-wolifecycle-plugin</artifactId>
            <extensions>true</extensions>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>

    You also have to change the packaging to woframework or woapplication.
    You can configure the above snippet once in a Super POM.

    > b) what options can go within <configuration>...</configuration>?

    There are 3 configuration tags available:

    1) readPatternsets (boolean): change to true to read the WOProject
    patternset files and gather the information about resources inclusion
    and exclusion.

    ${projectDir}/woproject/wsresources.exclude.patternset
    ${projectDir}/woproject/wsresources.include.patternset
    ${projectDir}/woproject/resources.include.patternset
    ${projectDir}/woproject/resources.exclude.patternset

    2) includeJavaClientClassesInWebServerResources (boolean): change to
    true to include the JavaClient classes into your package.

    3) skipAppleProvidedFrameworks (boolean): change to true if you don't
    want the WebObjects libraries to be included in the application
    package.

    The default value for these configurations is false.

    > I've got my own frameworks building as jars (not frameworks) just fine
    > (just utilising standard maven stuff).

    Have you added the Info.plist manually? The woframework packaging can
    do it for you automatically. :)

    > So, apart from going down the assembly route, I'm wondering (for building
    > the apps themselves):
    > - what kind of dependency declarations (scope-wise) people are using for
    > their frameworks such that they are then treated like libs and copied into
    > the resulting app bundle?

    We have been using WO dependencies like any other kind of dependency.

    > - what configuration keys/values are available for determining what's
    > bundled etc?

    Can you give an example about something you want to do?

    Cheers,

    Henrique