Re: Questions about Eclipse text file encoding and encoding specified in .woo

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 19:20:39 EDT

  • Next message: Simon McLean (JIRA): "[OS-JIRA] Created: (WOL-795) When double clicking an OGNL expression in component editor it would be nice if it didn't select the $"

    On 29/04/2008, at 9:12 AM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
    > On 29/04/2008, at 2:23 AM, Ricardo Parada wrote:
    >
    >> In Eclipse preferences under General > Workspace, there is an
    >> option for Text file encoding which has a Default of MacRoman.
    >> I then find that this has to be changed to UTF-8 to match the
    >> encoding specified in the .woo file of my components, otherwise I
    >> get a warning.
    >>
    >> Does this Text file encoding refer to the encoding used when
    >> editing a .java file, .wod or .html in Eclipse?
    >>
    >> The encoding specified in the .woo file, is that used by WebObjects
    >> to figure out the encoding of the .html and .wod files?
    >
    > All you need do is right-click on the 'Components' dir in your
    > project and change its settings (under Properties) to UTF-8. This
    > way the information stays with your project and is not reliant on
    > what's defined in someone's workspace.

    +1

    For recent version of WOLips creating a new project should do this for
    you automatically.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806