Re: Permissions on ant build products in "dist" directory

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Wed May 14 2008 - 00:17:17 EDT

    On May 13, 2008, at 8:26 PM, Art Isbell wrote:

    > On May 13, 2008, at 5:06 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >
    >> Look in your build.xml file for the build.woapp target:
    >>
    >> <target name="build.woapp">
    >>
    >> Look at the end of this target for:
    >>
    >> </woapplication>
    >> </target>
    >>
    >> Try changing this to;
    >>
    >> </woapplication>
    >> <chmod file="destDir="${dest.dir}${file.separator}$
    >> {project.name}.woa${file.separator}${project.name}" perm="755"/>
    >> </target>
    >
    > I mucked with the above a bit and got it to work. Thanks, Chuck!

    You are welcome.

    > <chmod file="${dest.dir}${file.separator}${project.name}.woa$
    > {file.separator}${project.name}" perm="755"/>
    > <chmod file="${dest.dir}${file.separator}${project.name}.woa$
    > {file.separator}Contents${file.separator}MacOS${file.separator}$
    > {project.name}" perm="755"/>
    >
    > There is actually a second executable with 750 permissions although
    > few should care: <project_name>.woa/Contents/MacOS/<project_name>.
    > I don't know how to tell the ant version of chmod about a second
    > file, so I added a second chmod statement.

    You can do multiple files in one chmod, but it is longer than what you
    have. I think this is is both shorter and clearer.

    >> Perhaps this should be part of the standard WOLips build.xml file?
    >
    > Certainly I mustn't be the only one tripped up when attempting to
    > deploy the ant build product with incorrect permissions, so I would
    > vote to have this change made to build.xml.

    I suspect that everyone who has deployed on an OS with file based
    permissions has run into this. Not sure why I did not think of fixing
    it like this before...

    Chuck