Generating Common Classes

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2008 - 05:32:12 EDT

    Hi Mike,

    I've begun trying out the Common Class functionality of Entity Modeler
    and Velocity EOGenerator and I am having a few problems.

    My example class is Part. It has the following Class Names defined

    Common (Parent Class Name): com.mycompany.project.common.Part
    Server (Class Name): com.mycompany.project.server.Part
    Client (Client Class Name): com.mycompany.project.client.Part

    1) There's no "Java Common" checkbox in the Options section of
    the .eogen editor. You have to select either Java or Java Client which
    causes two problems:
            a) I believe this is what controls which Class Name property Veogen
    looks at to get the package names, so it can't create packages off the
    Parent Class Name, only Class Name or Client Class Name.
            b) I believe that this also tells Veogen which classes to generate.
    Veogen should only generate the Common class for Entties that have a
    Parent Class Name defined. If it is null or ends with GenericRecord,
    then it shouldn't generate the class.

    2) There's no Common Class equivalents to the following Arrays in the
    EOEntity class (there are for Client Class):
    - classAttributes
    - sortedClassAttributes
    - classRelationships
    - sortedClassRelationships