Re: Marking inline bindings valid

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 18:32:34 EDT

    > I have many HTML-only components that have inline bindings that do
    > not validate, and I think //VALID only works in the .wod file. How
    > do I mark them as valid?
    You can only do this with Wonder inline bindings, but:

    name = "$whatever // VALID"

    > Or even better, is there a way to validate them correctly? the
    > offending bindings are:
    >
    > timeZone="~displayedJourney.flights[0].timeZone" (says there is
    > no key "timeZone" in this component)
    No, this is super annoying to write a validator for. If someone else
    wants to take it on, I'm fine with that. Maybe you can use OGNL API's
    to get class metadata without having actual instances.

    > componentHTML = "~session.currentSite.notice('Region
    > Editor').content" (says there is no key "content")
    Same as above.

    > urlExtra="~'&plan=' + aPlan.uniqueIdentifier" (says & has to be
    > escaped, although it is)
    This seems like a bug.

    > - is there some way to default to inline bindings when clicking the
    > component buttons in the tool bar?
    File a WOLips request to save the setting of that checkbox.

    > - why does the insertion point move to the next line when I type,
    > eg, "<wo:if co[ctl-space]" so I end up with:
    >
    > <wo:if condition=""
    > [insert point here]
    I don't get this behavior ... I get <wo:if condition="{cursor}"

    ms