Re: Apple Maven Support: First Impression (Take 2)

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 12:31:57 EDT

    Hi Mike,

    I've tried the plug-in now and it works. Thanks Mike.

    I've looked into the generated resources. The warning message about
    pre-release software is scaring. :)

    I know you can't talk much, but I have to ask:

    1) Why a new maven-apple-plugin? What is wrong with maven-wolifecycle-plugin?

    2) Why so much configuration in the pom (assembly-plugin and etc.)?
    Again, what is wrong with the way maven-wolifecycle-plugin package
    projects? (The final packages generated with both are similar, but
    with maven-wolifecycle-plugin you have to configure only a few lines
    in your pom)

    3) I know you will not answer that, but is Apple planning to make a
    proprietary version of Maven plug-in?

    I understand the lack of transparency of Apple about internal
    business. I just want to know if I should continue developing things
    for Maven in WOLips (and writing tutorials) or if it will be waste of
    my time.

    Cheers,

    Henrique