Re: how SHOULD it look

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 12:20:37 EDT

    On Jun 18, 2008, at 7:23 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >>> I've been experimenting some with Eclipse's emulated tabs on OS
    >>> X ... This is the tabs with an implementation of the Safari tab
    >>> style:
    >>
    >> Not nice :(
    >>
    >> a) the tabs in safari are for documents, not "info panels" which is
    >> what the tabs in the lower part are.
    >> b) the icons are important info and the text is very hard to read
    > Well, I agree, or I'd commit it :) Well, I agree with "a". I'm
    > still not convinced the icons are important at all in these views ...

    I _use_ the icons. And some of them are functional too. The JUnit
    one animates during test runs to show progress and to indicate if any
    tests fail. If your tests result in logging, the console window comes
    to the front, so this animation actually provides useful and important
    information. Eclipse would be less functional without it. And we
    don't want a less functional but more OS X in appearance Eclipse. Do
    we?

    My two cents.

    Chuck