ERCAuditTrail and User GlobalID

From: sharpy (getshar..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2008 - 06:15:04 EDT

    Hi,

    My problem seems to lie with a lack of understanding of an
    ERCoreBusinessLogic.actor()

    I've been trying to get the ERCAuditTrail feature of the
    ERCoreBusinessLogic framework working for a project.

    The initial migration for ERCoreBusinessLogic has worked and my
    application's model has the 'User Info' for one of it's entities
    configured with ERXAuditKeys, referencing some of the entities
    attributes.

    The modelGroupDidLoad method of ERCAuditTrailHandler appears to output
    the following to the console when the application starts:

    [main] INFO er.corebusinesslogic.audittrail.ERCAuditTrail -
    Configuration : {Record = { isAudited =true; keys = ("content",
    "name"); notificationKeys = ();}; }

    When the app triggers the audit trail into action by either inserting/
    updating/deleting one of the configured attributes I get the following
    console output:

    28723 [WorkerThread0] INFO
    er.corebusinesslogic.audittrail.ERCAuditTrail -
    <er.corebusinesslogic.audittrail.ERCAuditTrail pk:"null">
    er.corebusinesslogic.audittrail.ERCAuditTrailType: Changed (updated):
    _EOIntegralKeyGlobalID[Record (java.lang.Long)25749] name from
    number2.sharpy.com.au to number3.sharpy.com.au
    28872 [WorkerThread0] INFO er.extensions.localization.ERXLocalizer -
    Value added: User GlobalID->User GlobalID in (
            "net.onthenet.dnsadmin.components.ManageResourceRecords"
    )

    and then this exception:

    <er.extensions.validation.ERXValidationException object:
    <er.corebusinesslogic.audittrail.ERCAuditTrailEntry pk:"null">;
    propertyKey: userGlobalID; type: NullPropertyException;
    additionalExceptions: ()>

    I have tried using an arbitrary EO to pass to the setActor() method in
    different parts of my app to try and get past this point but to no
    avail.

    Can anyone shed any light on the concept of a 'User' or actor within
    ERCoreBusinessLogic?

    My app is an ERXApplication, latest Wonder & WO 5.3.3.

    Any help appreciated.

    Cheers,

    Sharpy