Re: How can I exclude Resources from jars in a woframework?

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2008 - 14:17:02 EDT

    On Jun 19, 2008, at 2:00 PM, Trent Larson wrote:
    > I'm generating jars with woframework, but the jar ends up with
    > everything from the Resources directory. How can I create the jar
    > such that it only includes the class files and excludes the
    > resources? (I've tried the exclusion mechanism with the maven-jar-
    > plugin to no avail, though I'm not confident in my exclusion syntax
    > in combination with the wolifecycle plugin.)

    If you look at the pattern sets in the woproject directory (usually
    hidden by default) you can set additional exclusions in the correct
    file there (look at the names) BUT, I would suggest finding a
    different home for things that you don't want included in the jar
    instead of putting them in the Resources directory. You are only
    complicating things and making it more difficult for yourself in the
    long run.
    > BTW, this has a very curious effect: if I keep my artifacts with a
    > lowercase name, my application will start just fine, but if I change
    > my artifacts to have uppercase characters then it complains that
    > "There is already a unique instance for Bundle named...". If anyone
    > can explain this behavior to me, I'd be grateful.

    Very likely because when you do a build it's trying to create a new
    file (because of the case change) instead of overwriting the old one.
    Do a clean and then I bet it will let you build it.

    Dave