Re: embedded WSR

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2008 - 13:36:20 EDT

    Sounds like that might be a good idea.

    Splitting, embedding and tarring certainly might make the deployment
    learning curve easier for newbies. I would recommend it, however this
    script might need to be diff'ed with current one to pick up some
    possible improvements to build.xml (perhaps WAR, etc build stuff)
    since I branched this embedded split version a while ago .... and it
    has noit been tested on Windows AFAIK ....... app-bundle-naming (to
    include version), splitting and embedding are certainly desirable
    features and having them easily accessible in build.xml would save
    some new wo-devs having to study the details of ant and the woproject
    tasks on top of learning WO at the same time.

    If difficult to merge, it could be added as is to the project
    templates as an alternative build script. But probably merging into
    build.xml would again make it easier for newbies. If necessary, the
    turning on/off of splitting and/or embedding could be done via the
    build.properties file if people wanted to have option to do that,
    however, creating a split bundle should probably be default since they
    don't have to deploy the WSR bundle if they don't want to. If
    embedding is generally recommended as path of least effort, then maybe
    it should be enabled by default too so newbies don't have to think
    about it.

    Kieran