Tracking down EOModel Problems

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 10:42:46 EDT

    Hi all,

    I'm in the process of doing some refactoring of Entity names and
    relationships in my project. The problem I'm running into is that
    apparently _something_ (a fetch spec most likely?) was referring to
    the old Entity or relationship and now when I try to build I
    Veogenerator is throwing a NPE (below) stating that it can't find
    class name for an Entity.

    The problem is that it doesn't tell me what the Entity is that it's
    looking for or where it was referenced at.

    I've tried searching for the old Entity name and old relationship name
    in the .plist and .fspec files using Eclipse, but it comes up finding
    nothing.

    I've created a new feature request for better validation and/or error
    messages, but for now, does anyone have any suggestions of how to best
    track down the problem?

    Thanks,

    Dave