Re: how SHOULD it look

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 10:17:48 EDT

    > Kind of looks like an action to add or remove selected items rather
    > than max/minimize.
    > Maybe these should appear when hovering over the tab?
    I tried it, but it looks pretty wonky when they appear on hover
    because it's just a big hole on the right side, and I don't want to
    shuffle them around, because that would look even stranger (and make
    them moving targets :) ).

    Anyway, I think I'm OK with the current state. I lightened them some,
    I beefed up the gear a little, and I made the tab close icon slightly
    heavier by darkening its border so it matches the other icons.

    Here's the normal state:

    Hovering over the tab close:

    Hovering over the maximize:

    The "activated" mode (while clicking) makes the minus and the plus
    grow inside the circle by one pixel, so they do a little "pop".
    Unfortunately, that weird thing where they only draw after a move or a
    mouse up is an SWT bug (well, except it's on purpose, but I think it's
    a bug). They don't send a MouseDown event until after the OS
    determines whether or not your mouse down operation is a drag event.
    OS X doesn't behave this way, though, so it just means that a
    draggable item can't render a mouse down state without an additional
    mouse movement (or release), which sort of sucks. I've logged my
    complaints on it, though.

    I think I'm going to fix some CCombo bugs this weekend and then I'm
    back to my regularly scheduled WOLips program for a while.

    ms