Re: Maven Skepticism

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 23:08:57 EDT

    On 05/07/2008, at 10:19 AM, Henrique Prange wrote:

    > Pierce T. Wetter III wrote:
    >>> Not often. There is no 1.0 plug-in for Maven integration with
    >>> Eclipse.
    >>> So, you can suspect that some features are missing. Both plug-ins
    >>> (m2eclipse [2] and q4e [3]) have wizards to add dependencies to your
    >>> project. But it doesn't work every time. There is no visual editor
    >>> for
    >>> the pom.xml. But the Eclipse XML Tools can help with the
    >>> autocomplete
    >>> feature.
    >> Can you use both or do you have to choose one or the other?
    >
    > Both have similar features but distinct approaches. Here [1] you can
    > find a comparison matrix. Today I'm using m2eclipse. I have used q4e
    > for a while in some projects. But I have never used both together
    > (in the same project).

    While I think of it, if you're wanting to make use of the Apple Maven
    Plugin for WOLips then currently it depends on m2eclipse. If, however,
    you're just using the woproject-maven plugin (which is not a plugin
    for WOLips but for maven itself) then either q4e or m2eclipse is fine.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck