Re: _WonderEntity template

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2008 - 09:23:24 EDT

  • Next message: David Avendasora (JIRA): "[OS-JIRA] Created: (WOL-854) Entity and Attribute Case styles should allow for Camel Case, with Initial Capital (CamelCase)"

    > a couple of suggestions for consistency + reuse. It'd be worth
    > making more use of ERXEOControlUtilities. e.g.,
    > a) fetch<Entity> throws IllegalStateException if multiple records
    > are found rather than EOUtilities.MoreThanOneException as does
    > ERXEOControlUtilities.objectForQualifier and EOUtilities.
    > b) fetchRequired throws NoSuchElementException rather than
    > EOObjectNotAvailableException as does
    > ERXEOControlUtilities.requiredObjectForQualifier let alone
    > EOUtilities.
    > c) creating a record for relation... again make use of
    > ERXEOControlUtilities.
    Yeah I know ... This is all historical. These templates come from
    before my Wonder life. Now I'm hesitant to change the exceptions that
    are thrown because they're not checked exceptions, so if people are
    catching them explicitly, things will break with no way of knowing
    they break at compile time (checked exceptions: 1, unchecked
    exceptions: 0).

    ms