Re: Using Maven problem and questions

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2008 - 02:28:44 EDT

    On 11/08/2008, at 3:34 PM, William Hatch wrote:

    > Thanks Lachlan, points below.
    >
    > On Aug 10, 2008, at 11:42 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/08/2008, at 9:52 AM, William Hatch wrote:
    >>
    >>> It seems from the various tutorials regarding maven use with
    >>> wolips, etc that there are basically two paths of using maven for
    >>> wo development: one using the older plug ins, and one using the
    >>> new apple maven support plug in. It's not clear to me where the
    >>> overlap is, or if there is any. So, are there any dependencies
    >>> between these two methods of using Maven? In the first case, it's
    >>> not clear as to how to add the archetype into your repository. In
    >>> the second case, not sure if there's any changes required to
    >>> settings.xml. Any clarity regarding these previous questions is
    >>> appreciated. Thanks.
    >>
    >> Daryl, Henrique, and I have had a bit of a talk about going forward
    >> (and discussions are still in progress)... but the woproject-maven2
    >> stuff should emerge the common way forward. So I'd suggest you have
    >> a look at the getting started tuts for that as follows (skipping
    >> the Using the Apple Plugin section)
    >> http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Maven+Create+WO+Application+Project
    >>
    >> Let us know what help you need based on that...
    >
    > OK, here's the contents of the archetypes-catalog.xml file, which is
    > in my ~/.m2/repository directory. I downloaded this from one of the
    > tutorial/info pages
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><archetype-catalog>
    > <archetypes>
    > <archetype>
    > <groupId>org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2</groupId>
    > <artifactId>woapplication-archetype</artifactId>
    > <version>2.0.16-SNAPSHOT</version>
    > <description>WebObjects Application Archetype</description>
    > </archetype>
    > <archetype>
    > <groupId>org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2</groupId>
    > <artifactId>woframework-archetype</artifactId>
    > <version>2.0.16-SNAPSHOT</version>
    > <description>WebObjects Framework Archetype</description>
    > </archetype>
    <archetype>
          <groupId>org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2</groupId>
          <artifactId>woapplication-archetype</artifactId>
          <version>2.0.15</version>
          <description>WebObjects Application Archetype</description>
        </archetype>

    > </archetypes>
    > </archetype-catalog>

    Looks fine.

    And you mentioned you downloaded the settings.xml from there also (or
    adjusted it as needed). I assume you've set this up correctly? If not
    that'll be your problem as the artifacts for woproject are obviously
    not in the normal repository that maven looks to by default.

    try forcing an update
    $ mvn -U -up archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=local

    if that fails try the long way:
    mvn -U -up archetype:generate -DarchetypeArtifactId=woapplication-
    archetype -DarchetypeGroupId=org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2 -
    DarchetypeVersion=2.0.15 -DarchetypeRepository=http://webobjects.mdimension.com/maven2/releases

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck