Re: [Wonder-disc] any way to clear or hide component error marks?

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2008 - 20:30:04 EDT

    >> I am fairly certain that this never, ever works for me. Does using
    >> the Ant builder vs. Incremental Builder make a difference here?
    >
    > Hmm. It's intermittent. If I select all my projects and clean all it
    > invariably won't work. Doing them individually just now did seem to
    > clear errors.
    >
    > But I do clean builds often and I see this problem often. However,
    > I'm not sure why there's a need to clean build to get them to go away.
    It depends on the type of validation problem. We don't maintain a
    dependency graph of every java class to every keypath reference, or
    every component to every referenced component (like the java editors
    do), so if you change a component or an API definition, we would have
    to traverse and parse every single component in your project to
    determine if the component you changed is referenced anywhere. We do
    it for the immediate component's template, but not for every
    dependency. We also have a couple bugs related to cache consistency,
    which for us is a really hard problem (with Java, HTML, WOD, and API
    files all defining parts of the validation system for your component,
    and several of those are interdependent on eachother).

    Anyway ... It's a nasty problem. That said, it should be the case
    that a clean build DOES touch every component and force it to
    revalidate. I know there are a handful of cases where something can
    get stuck in the validator's cache, and it's a bitch to get it to
    clear out, but this should be the exception not the rule.

    ms