Re: subversive vs subclipse

From: Klaus Berkling (kberklin..yned.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 19:51:14 EDT

    FWIW.

    I tried to install Subversive but found requirements in the connectors
    that included Win32 binaries. So that was not going to work.

    So I tried Subclipse.
    I used this as the remote site through the update manager: http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.4.x
    See http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html (Step 4).

    I installed Subclipse 1.4 and I was up and running within about 15
    minutes, new repository and test committed a file. I can see the
    history.
    I also installed the SVNKit from that same update site as JavaHL was
    not available.

    I might have done something wrong but it looks like its working.

    On Aug 21, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Guido Neitzer wrote:

    > On 13.08.08 08:35, "Mike Schrag" <mschra..dimension.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Subversive in 3.4 has been pissing me off ... I'm trying out
    >> Subclipse
    >> and I'll report back in.
    >
    > How did it work out?
    >
    > cug

    Thanks

    kib

    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
    continue that counts.”
    - Winston Churchill

    Klaus Berkling
    Systems Administrator