Re: [New Hotness] classpath broken in 3.4.5473

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2008 - 11:00:32 EDT

    > My Windows issue doesn't have anything to do with /Library/
    > WebObjects/Extensions.
    >
    > Because of limitations in windows (or at least some versions of
    > windows), the .cmd file in the application's directory that launches
    > the app for windows limits the length of the command line.
    >
    > This effectively limits the length of the classpath.
    >
    > Some old documentation on the Apple website describes the problem,
    > and the solution they implemented at the time:
    OK, let's step back here, then ... This was hanging on the thread
    about /Lib/WO/Ext, so I think that threw me.

    What exactly is generating incorrectly, and what would you like me to
    change to make your life easier? I don't do any testing in Windows w/
    WOLips so I rely on you guys to yell when things explode and need
    changes. I assumed the Windows equivalent of MacOSXClasspath.txt
    generates the same way on Windows, and I don't think I changed
    anything in that part of the build process from the old way things
    worked (other than just the selection of jars).

    ms