Hotness WOLips.properties

From: Clark Mueller (cpmuelle..ac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2008 - 17:06:30 EDT

    Hello,

    I have been using the new hotness branch for a little while, and in
    that branch, my WOLips.properties contained the following:

    > wo.userroot=/Users/clark/Roots
    > wo.networkroot=/Network/Library/Frameworks
    > wo.bootstrapjar=/System/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/
    > wotaskd.woa/WOBootstrap.jar
    > wo.apiroot=/Developer/ADC%20Reference%20Library/documentation/
    > WebObjects/Reference/API/
    > wo.systemroot=/usr/local/jingle/WebObjects-5.2.3/System/Library/
    > Frameworks
    > wo.appsroot=/Library/WebObjects/Applications
    > wo.localroot=/Library/Frameworks

    When I switched to the new nightly builds that include Hotness
    (although this changed before then, I am pretty sure), my existing
    WOLips.properties no longer worked. When I deleted it and allowed
    WOLips to recreate it, my problems went away, but now I have...
    > wo.system.root=/usr/local/jingle/WebObjects-5.2.3/System
    > wo.user.frameworks=/Users/[YOUR USER]/Roots
    > wo.system.frameworks=/usr/local/jingle/WebObjects-5.2.3/System/
    > Library/Frameworks
    > wo.bootstrapjar=/System/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/
    > wotaskd.woa/WOBootstrap.jar
    > wo.network.frameworks=/Network/Library/Frameworks
    > wo.api.root=/Developer/ADC%20Reference%20Library/documentation/
    > WebObjects/Reference/API/
    > wo.network.root=/Network
    > wo.extensions=/Library/WebObjects/Extensions
    > wo.user.root=/Users/[YOUR USER]/Roots
    > wo.local.frameworks=/Library/Frameworks
    > wo.apps.root=/Library/WebObjects/Applications
    > wo.local.root=/

    ... which has all the same redundancy as there used to be, and
    therefore I am confused. What's the difference between wo.system.root
    and wo.system.frameworks? Are they both required?

    Thanks,
    Clark