Re: one classpath issue I haven't solved

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 14:20:44 EDT

    On Sep 24, 2008, at 9:33 AM, TW wrote:

    > I'm using new hotness and have one outstanding issue that requires
    > me to manually edit the MacOSClasspath file after build. Prior to
    > new hotness I would have this line near the end of my classpath in
    > deployment:
    >
    > WOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaWOExtensions.framework/Resources/Java/
    > JavaWOExtensions.jar
    >
    > In new hotness this becomes
    >
    > LOCALROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaWOExtensions.framework/Resources/
    > Java/JavaWOExtensions.jar
    >
    > This causes my app to fail with a class def error on any page where
    > I am using WOExtensions -- WOTable, WODictionaryRepetition, etc.
    >
    > I think it has something to do with having WOnder installed - I have
    > JavaWOExtensions.framework from WO 5.3 installed in /System/Library/
    > Frameworks and the WOnder framework of the same name is in /Library/
    > Frameworks. My app is not and has not used WOnder and previously
    > built with the former classpath entry even though WOnder was
    > installed.
    >
    > I'm sure it is something I'm doing wrong (like not using
    > Wonder :-) ). Is the best approach to remove the Wonder frameworks
    > until I can convert my app to Wonder?

    The Wonder version of JavaWOExtensions does not (AFAIK) require
    Wonder. That new hotness is picking it up from /Library rather than /
    System/Library is correct and desirable. The Wonder version of
    JavaWOExtensions should be the same as the Apple version but with some
    bug fixes so you should not be getting no class def errors from using
    the Wonder version. It sounds like the copy you have in /Library is
    damaged or otherwise incomplete.

    Chuck

    --
    Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development