Re: Newbie question Entity Modeler / prototypes

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2008 - 14:54:21 EDT

    On Sep 25, 2008, at 1:29 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >> In the database configuration window I don't have any "Prototypes"
    >> in the pop up menu.
    >> Did I miss anything ? Any Prototype framework missing ?
    > This only applies if you are using vendor-specific prototypes, which
    > is only an option under Wonder and WO 5.4.

    Well, you can create your own Prototypes by adding an
    "EOJDBCPrototypes" Entity to your model and adding prototype
    attributes to that. That is how I'm using the Prototype function,
    right now.

    >> last question: there is no data browser in the EModeler ?
    > Currently, yes, that is true. EM does not have a graphical view nor
    > does it currently have a data browser.

    This has been discussed in the past (http://lists.apple.com/archives/webobjects-dev//2008/Jul/msg00602.html
    ) but I doubt it's going to show up anytime soon. It certainly isn't
    something that could be put together over a weekend or anything.

    Dave