Hints on converting old projects to new hotness

From: D Tim Cummings (timc..pg.com.au)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2008 - 04:07:13 EDT

    I have been having some fun converting some of my old projects and
    frameworks to the new hotness. Here are some things I have discovered.

    1. Frameworks building now uses the name in project.name in
    build.properties where as the old system used to use the name in
    framework.name in build.properties. I was generating a lot of
    ".framework"s (no name in front of the .framework) which of course
    are invisible in Finder.

    2. You can't have more than one Sources folder. At least I couldn't
    work out how. I was EOGenerating my _Class names into a source
    folder called Sources_eogen and the subclasses in a source folder
    called Sources. Now I have to eogenerate all into the Sources folder.

    3. Make sure the woproject/resources.include.patternset is copied
    from a recently created project. I had

    Components/**/*.wo
    Components/**/*.api
    Resources/**/*

    which wasn't good enough. I needed

    Components/**/*.wo/**/*
    Components/**/*.api
    Resources/**/*

    or I wouldn't get any contents in my .wo files. When the apps
    started I just got a blank page.

    Cheers

    Tim