New Hotness and new .woa structure

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2008 - 12:19:15 EDT

    Hi all,

    I am in the process of converting over to the new classpath hotness
    and I'm running into some Servlet issues, but I want to make sure that
    the changes I'm seeing are in-fact bugs, or if they reflect a new way
    of building .woa files and SSDDs.

    1) Embedded Frameworks are now in MyApp.woa/Contents/Frameworks. They
    used to be in MyApp.woa/Contents/Library/Frameworks. The app seems to
    run just fine this way out of Eclipse, but it is different from
    how .woa package used to be put together.

    2) Embedded Frameworks are no longer included in the WEB-INF/Library/
    Frameworks directory in addition to being in the .woa. This breaks the
    web.xml classpath entry in that it points to WEBINFROOT/Frameworks
    (which in itself should be WEBINFROOT/Library/Frameworks).

    I completely understand if we are trying to avoid including frameworks
    twice (three times if you include the .jar files in WEB-INF/lib but
    right now servlet deployments using New Hotness are broken, but I'm
    not sure what is wrong and what is supposed to be the "new way"

    Thanks,

    Dave