Re: Problems with new wocompile ant task

From: Helmut Schottmüller (hschott..ooglemail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2008 - 13:07:29 EDT

    Sorry Mike,

    I didn't snoop around to find the list. But now I'm in :-)

    I am using the standard woproject/* patternsets which means that the
    resources.include.patternset is

    Components/**/*.wo/**/*
    Components/**/*.api
    Resources/**/*

    As far as I understand Resources/**/* it means that every file in
    every subdirectory of Resources is going to be used.
    I think it happens during the "flattening" procedure in the
    <resources> task. Extensions everything which is in Resources/
    German.lproj/ even if it is deep down in the filesystem goes to
    Application.woa/Contents/Resources/German.lproj but only if is has
    file extensions other than .png or .html for example. These file are
    going into Application.woa/Contents/Resources/Resources/German.lproj/

    There's no way that this is done by any of the woproject/* patternsets
    or some settings in the build.xml.

    This brings me to another question: Is it "bad" to go deeper into the
    filesystem than Resources/Language.lproj/... For better structuring I
    used subfolders in my Language.lproj files.
    Since I see no reason why a .png or .html may not be part of a
    resource (.html is a resource for example in my localized components I
    put into the Resources directory and in this case it's working like a
    charm). It only happens inside Language.lproj directories too. Inside
    the Resources directory I don't have these problems even with .png
    or .html

    I think you can easily reproduce this by creating a Resources/
    Language.jproj directory and put a png or html file in it.

    Regards,
    Helmut