Re: How long before nightly becomes stable?

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 04:13:41 EDT

    Q wrote:
    > On 30/10/2008, at 11:41 PM, Anders Peterson wrote:
    >
    >> Are they the same now? They have the same version number.
    >>
    >> I've just installed a brand new eclipse ganymede and WOLips "stable".
    >> When I open the WOLips perspective I get this error in the WO Package
    >> Explorer:
    >
    > Stable will only work with 3.3. The version number of the eclipse
    > plugin will tell you if it is intended for 3.3 or 3.4. eg. stable's
    > current version is 3.3.5524, while nightly is 3.4.5524. Don't pay any
    > attention to the revision number on the end, it's no an indication
    > that the source code has changed, only what the revision number of the
    > svn repository was when the branch was built.
    Now it works much better. Can't get the ant build to work though. The
    old build.xml file doesn't work, and the only way I found to get new
    one was to create a new project and copy it over. There used to be a
    context menu option to generate a new build.xml. Why was that removed?

    Using the new build.xml fails because it assumes my source code folder
    is named "Sources" - I use "src".

    I modified the build.xml to work with "src" instead, and then got a
    problem with a missing "Libraries" folder. If I had a such a folder I
    would like to name it "lib"...

    Actually in one project I have two source code folders. That wont work.
    Can the compile task be made optional or dependant on if "bin" exists or
    not?

    >> (Also trying to get the latest WONDER sources from SVN - it just
    >> doesn't work. I've got subclipse on my laptop at home and subversive
    >> here at the office. Neither works. I get timeouts and whatever all
    >> the time. Is sourceforge the problem?)
    >
    > Could not create the view:
    > org/eclipse/jdt/internal/corext/refactoring/rename/RenameResourceProcessor
    >

    > Sourceforge SVN sucks.
    Think I'll I have to give up on SVN and just use the source download from

    http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wonder/Wonder-latest-Source.tar.gz

    /Anders