Re: How long before nightly becomes stable?

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 08:53:28 EDT

    > I do agree however I don't see how a couple of preferences for the
    > simple things like project layout reduce the options for your
    > development of WOLips. If you always look up the preference to find
    > the relevant folder how does that limit your productivity?
    Because now I have to make some UI for picking these things, and then
    I have to parameterize build.xml. And then Sources folder, in
    particular, is actually set in the classpath settings in Eclipse, so
    now I have to figure out how to reconcile those two values, because
    they're going to get out of sync. Not to mention "a couple of
    preferences" is in THIS case -- there are thousands of features inside
    of WOLips. For every single one there's someone out there who would
    like "a couple preferences." Like I said. If you want to change
    these values, there are means to do so, but I'm not supporting it.

    > I'm asking this because this affects maven-based projects which have
    > a different convention but it's very easy for these fundamental
    > layout choices to be supported by WOLips.
    I have no idea how anything in maven builds work. I look to maven
    users to make recommendations. But I'm pretty sure you guys don't
    even use our build system, so I don't think the existence or non-
    existence of a setting for our build system should actually affect you?

    ms