Re: [OS-JIRA] Created: (WOL-909) NullPointer while trying to generate Migrations

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2008 - 21:36:40 EST

    Hi Henrique,

    On 01/11/2008, at 1:33 AM, Henrique Prange wrote:

    > Lachlan Deck wrote:
    >> Henrique, this looks exactly the same as the error I got a few
    >> weeks ago. (See Migrations NPE 25/08/2008).
    >> It has to do with ERPrototypes and/or other models being within a
    >> jar. I submitted a patch for this (see thread 'erprototypes ... is
    >> not a File error') which I think Mike committed already. Are you
    >> using the latest nightly?
    >
    > I'm using WOLips 3.4.5526

    Hmm. That *should* have contained the patch. I'm using 3.4.5523 FWIW.
    I'll upgrade again and check if it's broken again.

    > and ERPrototypes is the only model inside a jar.

    Yep. I've previously had my own prototypes framework that gets built
    as a jar - but is however open as a project in the workspace. But for
    a recent project I thought I'd give ERPrototypes a go and noticed the
    problem. But as I mentioned the patch should have fixed that. At least
    it works for me as previously I couldn't even open the model. Now both
    eogenerating and opening the model works fine.

    WOLips does get confused for me if there's models in your workspace
    that have entities of the same name (or perhaps name and class
    package.. not sure).
    So try closing every other project, doing a complete clean/build,
    close/open eclipse, etc.

    > This problem started to happen after I change some entities from
    > horizontal inheritance to vertical inheritance.

    That shouldn't make any difference. The error occurs well before that
    during the loading of the model group.

    > The migrations generation was working fine before that.
    >
    > Another info: I can generate migration data if I select only one
    > entity in the model. The problem occur only if I select the entire
    > model or more than one entity.

    Bizarre.

    Is this still a problem?

    with regards,