Re: dependency changes

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2008 - 17:24:08 EST

    >> I don't want to create problems neither for you nor for WO users.
    >> And I'm not saying using those tools will be the best way. But I
    >> still think it is worth evaluating existing solutions. "Forcing"
    >> people to use a tool is not evil if we provide good reasons (and
    >> good integration). Someone chose Eclipse as IDE, Ant as the build
    >> tool, Java as programming language.. And nobody is complain about
    >> those decisions.
    >
    > Actually... I recall a LOT of complaints about all three of those
    > decisions.
    His overall point is still valid, though, which is that the decision
    to go with Eclipse, for instance, is something that requires enormous
    initial complexity for users, but was made based on a belief that it
    would be better for the users. Though this is only half right, it's
    really that I hate Eclipse, but the only other reasonable choice is
    NetBeans, and I hate that even more. This is basically the case of
    Ant, also. Actually I mostly hate everything ... Thanks for ruining
    my day :)

    ms