Re: entity modeler, erprototypes and project local frameworks

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 16:53:29 EST

    On Nov 17, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >>> **/*.eomodeld/
    >> src/main/resources/**/*
    > those two SHOULD be equivalent, though, I thought ...
    I just setup this same test on my runtime workspace and it works fine,
    though not with a maven project. The only thing I can figure is that
    for some reason

                            _patternsets = (IProjectPatternsets)
    project.getAdapter(IProjectPatternsets.class);

    is returning null, but i would expect lots of stuff to break then.
    You have a PDE environment setup, right? can you look at
    EclipseEOModelGroupFactory in org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.eclipse
    in the ModelVisitor inner class. Is it possible that "src" is on your
    build path? It is written to stop searching when it finds a build
    path folder, with the assumption that nobody would put a model in
    their build path, but maybe that's not true in maven? These are all
    performance enhancements with model loading, so we can take them back
    out if they prove to be a problem, but I'd rather understand exactly
    why it's failing first before backing out all of it. Some printlns in
    that ModelVisitor should be very revealing, I imagine.

    ms