Re: entity modeler, erprototypes and project local frameworks

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 18:48:41 EST

    On 18/11/2008, at 8:53 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >>> src/main/resources/**/*
    >> those two SHOULD be equivalent, though, I thought ...
    > I just setup this same test on my runtime workspace and it works
    > fine, though not with a maven project. The only thing I can figure
    > is that for some reason
    >
    > _patternsets = (IProjectPatternsets)
    > project.getAdapter(IProjectPatternsets.class);
    >
    > is returning null, but i would expect lots of stuff to break then.
    > You have a PDE environment setup, right? can you look at
    > EclipseEOModelGroupFactory in
    > org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.eclipse in the ModelVisitor inner
    > class. Is it possible that "src" is on your build path?

    'src' is not the equivalent for 'Sources'.

    src/main/java == 'Sources'
    src/main/components == 'Components'
    src/main/resources == 'Resources'
    src/main/webserver-resoures == 'WebServerResources'

    optionally also:
    src/test/etc

    That's the standard ... (which is possible to subvert)

    > It is written to stop searching when it finds a build path folder,
    > with the assumption that nobody would put a model in their build
    > path, but maybe that's not true in maven? These are all performance
    > enhancements with model loading, so we can take them back out if
    > they prove to be a problem, but I'd rather understand exactly why
    > it's failing first before backing out all of it. Some printlns in
    > that ModelVisitor should be very revealing, I imagine.

    On a related topic - what's the code doing when creating a component?
    It's not creating the java class in the right directory (but under src/
    package/name rather than src/main/java/package/name - which is a tad
    annoying) and when right-clicking on src/main/components it's not
    picking this up as the dir to create the *.wo in (there's a work-
    around here so not a show-stopper).

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck