Warning!! Apple Software Update on late 2008 MacBook Pro may disable WOLips

From: David Holt (programmingos..ac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 13:05:59 EST

    Hi all,

    This seems to affect MacOS X 10.5.5 on a new MBP.

    Installing all the Apple updates available from Software Update right
    after setting up a brand new MacBook Pro makes my Eclipse/WOLips
    installation unusable. After updating, WOLips will not run or debug
    WebObjects applications. There is no error message, it just
    immediatly stops with a <terminated> message and no stack trace
    (incidentally Eclipse will attempt to run a WOApplication if you run
    as a Java Application and stop with an error message and the stack
    trace).

    I haven't installed the updates one at a time to determine which one
    is actually causing the error. I'll post when I get the chance to do
    that.

    Make sure you back up your system just before installing any updates
    so that you can revert if necessary (I was still stabilizing my new
    installation so I hadn't started backing it up yet).

    Installing all available updates for Leopard hasn't affected my
    Eclipse/WOLips installation on an Intel mini which makes the whole
    experience even more bizarre.

    I would be interested to know if anyone else has had an experience
    with the new MBP that contradicts what I have found.

    David