Re: Problems with woapplication archetype, WO 5.3 and 5.4:

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 09:07:15 EST

    Hi Juergen,

    Juergen Lorenz Simon wrote:

    > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
    > <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> Class 'Main'
    > exists but is not a subclass of WOComponent.*

    Add this to your Application constructor:

    ERXPatcher.setClassForName(Main.class, "Main");

    This is a known WO bug. And, if you have a problem with the Session
    class, override the _sessionClass method on your Application class:

    @Override
    protected Class<? extends WOSession> _sessionClass() {
         return Session.class;
    }

    Could you try to run the application with WO 5.4.3 and those fixes?

    > So, Eclipse aside, this seems to indicate a problem with the archetype,
    > wobootstrap process
    > or both.

    Not necessarily.

    You can check using different tools to do the same thing. You can use
    the mvn install:install-file to add the JavaWebObjects.jar to your local
    repository. After that, you can create a simple Maven project using the
    default archetype. Import into Eclipse and enable WOLips on this
    project. Add the Java classes and run. Share the result with us.

    But if I were facing these problems, I'll first try to apply the above
    fixes and run the application with WO 5.4.

    Cheers,

    Henrique