Re: Maclipse 3.4.1 [Solved]

From: Xavier Destombes (webobject..nazys.com)
Date: Sun Nov 23 2008 - 06:40:17 EST

    OK, I finally manage to find the issue.
    I started back to my backup of Eclipse 3.4.0 and update it, then get
    the Maclipse using Anjo's comment.
    I got "The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its
    companion shared library"
    Then I started to check a couple things.
    First there's a eclipse symbolik link inside the eclipse folder that
    point to Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse. My update from 3.4.0 to
    3.4.1 (directly within Eclipse Ganymede) kind of make it a flat file,
    so I don't if this symbolik link is important but I did redo it using
    ln -s /Applications/eclipse/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse /
    Applications/eclipse/eclipse
    Still no luck.
    So I check the eclipse.ini inside Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/ and it
    was referencing a wrong plugin for --launcher.library. I had to change
    it with ../../../plugins/
    org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.carbon.macosx_1.0.101.R34x_v20080731

    Now it's working and I've got Maclipse:)

    I'm on Leopard but it seems I didn't have the scrollbar auto-hiding,
    is there anything to do to have it on?
    I'm on Intel, 10.5.5, with latest Eclipse/WOLips on a new MacBook Pro
    unibody.

    Thanks:)

    Xavier