Re: WOLips perhaps not building...

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 02:10:04 EST

    On 24/11/2008, at 2:42 PM, Ray Kiddy wrote:

    > I wanted to test with a code change. How does one do that if one
    > cannot use a locally built copy of WOLips?

    To test a change:

    Right Click -> Debug As -> Eclipse Application

    To install an updated plugin (should work, but haven't tried it):

    Change version number in plugin.xml. Export plugin. Replace the
    existing jar/folder in 'eclipse/plugins' with your custom version

    > Actually, I am getting stopped by something first. I can uninstall
    > WOLips in the 'Software Updates' window, by selecting "WOLips",
    > "WOLips Base", "WOLips Goodies Mac", "WOLips Goodies Win", "WOLips
    > Third Party Feature" and clicking <Uninstall>. Then when I quit and
    > re-launch Eclipse, I get an alert:
    >
    > The Eclipse executable was unable to locate its companion shared
    > library.
    >
    > So, I cannot uninstall? I tried upgrading to the latest and then
    > uninstalling, and I got the same thing?

    I've never actually tried uninstalling it. I have always just blow
    away the specific files from 'eclipse/plugins' manually

    > And why the heck do I have "WOLips Goodies Win"? I am on a Mac OS X
    > machine. I do not need any Windows cruft.

    It's an eclipse issue I think, the win goodies feature never used to
    show up in early versions of 3.3 or 3.2 (don't remember which) but at
    some point it started appearing in the list. Possibly something can be
    changed in the wolips xml files somewhere to hide it again.

    > Apparently turning off parts of an installation is not very easy.
    > It's just easier to give everyone Windows bits? Hm. So, you can add
    > features like Maven, and JProfile support and then never turn them
    > off?

    All the components of wolips are grouped together as selectable
    features. You don't have to install the windows bits.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806