Re: WOLips perhaps not building...

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 10:33:10 EST

    On 24/11/2008, at 11:00 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >>> And then the diff below. After all, are JProfiler and Maven
    >>> required to use WOLips? I would suggest not. And if somebody wants
    >>> to build WOLips in the usual way, they can do nothing and the
    >>> default is to require JProfiler and Maven. Not everyone needs to
    >>> use these.
    >>
    >> They aren't required to use WOLips, but they are required to build
    >> a valid site deployment when using the ant builds. Eclipse can for
    >> some reason get very confused if there are plugins listed in the
    >> site.xml but are missing from the output, even if you don't
    >> explicitly try and install them.
    >>
    >> I almost never build wolips locally using ant. Exporting the
    >> modified plugin or feature from eclipse is pretty simple (although
    >> doing so does mess with the ant build files).
    > So are you saying I should NOT apply this patch?

    What am I saying? I am saying that I think this change may turn out to
    be unnecessary considering a) you can build and export the individual
    plugin(s) from within eclipse and b) (a) is not obvious. If using
    this method is a more favourable solution to what ray way trying to do
    then great, if not then I is no harm in applying the patch.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806