Re: Nightly => Stable?

From: René Bock (boc..alient.de)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 03:57:59 EST

    Am 24.11.2008 um 21:52 schrieb Mike Schrag:

    > As written, the first behavior is actually a bug (though I sort of
    > expected it). Right now, the rules of cascading are that Project
    > Local Framework trump everyone, which allows you to have, for
    > instance, Wonder source projects checked out, but your project can
    > define an override of it. I don't much see the point of Project
    > Local Frameworks personally, but I put them in there by request.

    Project Local Frameworks are very handy when dealing with a set of
    evolving frameworks and a not so small number of projects, each using
    different versions of these frameworks. Especially, when there are
    non programmer team members, who's job is to improve the css files
    and they don't want to bother with checking out and building the
    correct frameworks version.

    > The decision on what takes priority here is sort of arbitrary -- I
    > could probably make a case either way. But you're contending that
    > you would prefer source projects to trump all of them, right?

    For my use case (i.e trying to fix and test the used framework
    version), yes. For other use cases, your current implementation may
    be right. I think, it should be an option of the workspace, which
    behavior should be used.

    regards,

    René Bock
    Software Engineering

    --
    Salient GmbH  -  the interactive advantage