Re: WOLips perhaps not building...

From: Ray Kiddy (ra..anymede.org)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 14:02:24 EST

    On Nov 25, 2008, at 5:04 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >>> So are you saying I should NOT apply this patch?
    >>
    >> What am I saying? I am saying that I think this change may turn
    >> out to be unnecessary considering a) you can build and export the
    >> individual plugin(s) from within eclipse and b) (a) is not
    >> obvious. If using this method is a more favourable solution to
    >> what ray way trying to do then great, if not then I is no harm in
    >> applying the patch.
    >

    > This seems pretty benign, and I suppose if you want to build your
    > own personal full build while leaving out plugins that have 3rd
    > party dependencies, I'm ok with this. So Ray, does this actually
    > install from the generated install site even with those plugins
    > missing?

    I am able to install WOLips from the generated install site, even
    though I do not have/use Maven or JProfile.

    I have two simple changes I wanted to suggest. The first was that I
    wanted to suggest we allow <wo:field /> an addition to <wo:textfield /
    > and such as that and I made an edit to wolips/core/plugins/
    org.objectstyle.wolips.bindings/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/bindings/
    preferences/PreferenceInitializer.java to support this. The second
    was the build.xml changes that would allow me to build.

    But, I cannot uninstall the WOLips that I have, so I cannot install a
    copy of WOLips that I have built, so I would not suggest taking any
    code from me, as it would be untested.

    So, I am only going to worry about the first thing first, and get
    myself to a point where I can uninstall the site-generated and
    install my own. It would be wonderful if I could uninstall the site-
    generated WOLips, install my own, then uninstall my own, and re-
    install the site-generated WOLips. It does not sound as though this
    would be possible.

    Are the WOLips version numbers only an integer? If I am understanding
    the wiki documentation, there is no way to creagte an intermediate or
    temporary version number that would conflice with a subsequent
    version number. This seems lame. O well.

    cheers - ray