odd Leopard upgrade problem

From: Ray Kiddy (ra..anymede.org)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2008 - 17:44:09 EST

    I am trying to use my eclipse projects and may have done this wrong. I
    had been using Tiger for a long time. I was using a very current
    eclipse and a very recent self-built WOLips and Project Wonder. Things
    worked.

    Now I have Leopard (upgraded to 10.5.6), eclipse (3.4.1), WOLips
    (installed via eclipse update from the nightly URL), freshly built
    Project Wonder. I have also installed Xcode, then the iPhone SDK (re-
    installs Xcode) but am not using Xcode for development. I did not,
    though, take the WebObjects that came with the iPhone SDK. I kept the
    WebObjects that came with the Leopard install disk. I will probably
    end up using another install of WebObjects but I have not put anything
    else together yet.

    Then I just copied my workspace directory from one computer to
    another. Maybe it is just silly of me to expect that that would work....

    The problem seems to be with EOGenerator. Well, there is a red X there
    and no information when one hovers, so I cannot tell what the problem
    is. It has put bad code into all the generated data classes, though,
    so that makes everything else red. And of course, I can only see 100
    errors, no matter how many more there are. Hiding error information
    seems to be ... such a good idea, no?

    If anyone has suggestions, please chime in.

    It has always seemed to me that there should be a series of pages on
    the WOLips doc site that are of the form: "Upgrade Issues for X to Y".
    With every upgrade, the issues are discussed on the mailing list, but
    the information seems to get into the documentation only sporadically.
    Also, the upgrade issues change. I am sure there are different things
    I need to look at as I upgrade from 10.4.11 to 10.5.6 than I would
    have seen if I upgraded to 10.5.0. So, I have created a page (without
    much info at this point) at http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Upgrade+Issues+for+Mac+OS+X+10.4+Tiger+to+Mac+OS+X+10.5+Leopard
    .

    I will be adding to it with things as I discover them, buy anyone else
    could edit it also.

    cheers - ray