Re: odd Leopard upgrade problem

From: Ray Kiddy (ra..anymede.org)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2008 - 22:45:12 EST

    On Dec 30, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

    > On 31/12/2008, at 11:19 AM, Ray Kiddy wrote:
    >
    >> I think not.
    >>
    >> If I have a "someDate" attribute in an entity, I see code like the
    >> following in the underbar source file:
    >>
    >> public $attribute.javaClassName someDate() {
    >> return ($attribute.javaClassName) storedValueForKey("someDate");
    >> }
    >>
    >> This looks non-jave-ish.
    >>

    >>> Are you using the Wonder variants of the EOGen templates?
    >>
    >> I had not installed EOGenerator myself, so I was using the
    >> EOGenerator support that comes with WOLips. I think that means that
    >> the answer to your question is yes.
    >
    > You might want to double check what you *.eogen file looks like (or
    > re-create it). The arguments IIRC changed at some point. Or perhaps
    > that was just a change between the old eogenerator and the new.
    >
    > with regards,
    > --
    >
    > Lachlan Deck

    Very odd. Well, it is working.

    1) I installed WebObjects 5.4.3 but that did not fix anything, as I
    expected.

    2) I removed and re-added the default.eogen and that did not appear to
    fix things.

    3) I changed a minor thing in the eomodel and all the problems
    disappeared.

    Perhaps it was just (3), or perhaps it was (2) and (3). As with so
    much in eclipse, one can never tell. It is really entertaining to use
    an IDE with such an inflated sense of the chaotic possibilities in the
    universe. Randomness rules, apparently. O well.

    cheers - ray