Re: getting rid of menu items?

From: Ray Kiddy (ra..anymede.org)
Date: Thu Jan 01 2009 - 19:42:42 EST

    On Jan 1, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

    > On 02/01/2009, at 11:03 AM, Ray Kiddy wrote:
    >
    >> This might be just an eclipse question. Sorry about that.
    >>
    >> For some reason that does not matter, I had the WOLips perspective
    >> open and then opened the Debug perspective. This added a bunch of
    >> menu items to my menus in eclipse. In particular, there are about 8
    >> kinds of ways to launch the application. The one I want is the one
    >> that used to be one of the few and it was at the top of the menu.
    >> Now it is around 9th in the list.
    >>
    >> I have closed the Debug perspective.
    >
    > So you've now got the WOLips perspective as active? i.e.,
    > highlighted/depressed in top right hand corner.
    >
    >> I have quit eclipse and re-launched. How the heck do I get rid of
    >> these oh-so-helpful menu items?
    >
    > Window > Customize Perspective.

    Well, I had not gone there, but it actually did not help. I unchecked
    the Debug perspective. Now, I do not think I had to because I had
    selected the perspective's icon from the top-right of the window and
    select the 'Window->Close Perspective' but what-ev-er.... And quit and
    re-launched eclipse and those menu items are still there.

    Ok. Turns out one can use the 'Window->Close All Perspectives' menu
    item and then open only the WOLips perspective and one does not have
    to quit or anything and it works. Voila! No more extra menu items.

    I just love eclipse. It will do absolutely everything you want it to.
    One just needs to ask in exactly the right way, ignoring the 3 or 4
    other ways of doing that thing that do not work, and ask two or three
    times and, you know, anything is possible! Simply amazing.

    :-)

    >> This would probably not be so annoying if, on my new MacBook,
    >> whenever I hit cmd-shift-F11 to launch, it lowers the volume of the
    >> song I am playing.... O well. It's shiny, so it must be good. (TM
    >> by Apple, I think)....
    >
    > You seem to be having fun :)

    Fun. O yeah. And my father-in-law convinced me to get an iPhone. (Hold
    on, hold on. Must ... not ... rant about ... App Store....) Whew that
    was close. The iPhone is just peachy! :-)

    cheers - ray