Re: Problem with deployment since moving to latest WoLips ad new hotness. [Solved]

From: Louis Demers (louisdemer..ac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 10:12:55 EST

    On 5-Jan-09, at 03:26 , Johann Werner wrote:

    > Hi Louis,
    >
    > did you copy the WebServerResources to your apache document folder?
    > Because if you leave out the ":2001" part you are not using
    > DirectConnect but are passing through Apache (Btw many people on
    > this list would say that using DirectConnect is evil ;-). By using
    > the new WOLips ant script you automatically get two gzipped archives.

    Yes, they have been copied correctly I assume to the apache document
    and their permission set to root:wheel like the JavaMonitor app.

    When it works, the generated url for the resources are

    link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/cgi-bin/WebObjects/
    Obzerv.woa/_wr_/wodata=/Library/WebObjects/Applications/Obzerv.woa/
    Contents/WebServerResources/Obzerv.css"></link>

    and when it does not, they are

    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/WebObjects/Obzerv.woa/
    Contents/WebServerResources/Obzerv.css"></link>

    After further checking, it turns out that the problem was with the
    configuration of 10.5 Web services. I had two sites configured and the
    first one had an alias set to "*" which intercepted all request and
    tried to serve them form a different Document folder, one where my
    resources were obviously not copied !

    Oh well... Sorry to have bothered you all...

    Health and Prosperity for 2009 to everybody.

    Louis

    Louis Demers eng.
    www.obzerv.com