status of WOL-342 issue? (build/ folder not suitable for compiled classes output)

From: Jephte CLAIN (Jephte.Clai..niv-reunion.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2009 - 06:52:45 EST

    hello,

    I'm currently evaluating moving from custom scripts to WOLips for my
    WebObjects development needs. I'm using the WOLips nigthly with the "new
    hotness" (wolips-HEAD-lastest-site as of 01/06/2009) with Eclipse 3.4.1

    My projects under eclipse are configured to write compiled java classes
    to build/classes, build/classes.test and so on... These projects are
    framework used by my webObjects projects, but also other java projects,
    so it is important for the different build systems to play nice with
    each other...

    However, it seems that the build/ folder is hardwired to be used by the
    incremental wolips compiler, and that folder no longer can be used as
    output for the incremental java compiler.

    try this yourself: for a framework MyFwk, change the default output
    folder from MyFwk/bin to MyFwk/build/classes, and then force a project
    clean. you notice that there are no longer any classes in build/classes/
    nor build/MyFwk.framework/Resources/Java/

    Looking around for an explanation, I stumbled upon WOL-342 issue that
    address this exact problem.

    So my question is:
    - what is the status/current plan for this issue? will it be fixed?
    - I guess I have to change my projects and my scripts to no longer use
    build as a output folder. right?

    with best regards. TIA,
    jephte clain
    university of reunion