Re: Component editor and soft wrap?

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2009 - 07:47:11 EST

    As long as you are using WOnder's WOOgnl, you can mix both styles. In
    fact, IIRC, Mike Schrag mentioned in the past that he tends to use
    inline style when there are just a few, perhaps 3 or less bindings,
    since it gets unwieldy and difficult to read with a lot of bindings.
    For lots of bindings, the WOD entry is definitely easier to work with.
    I find that mixing the styles and using whichever feels more natural
    for the specific WOComponent that you are binding up works well.

    For example, I usually use inline style for simple items like
    WOString, WOForm, WOConditional, etc, but for an ERXToManyRelationship
    or some of the versatile Ajax components that have a lot of binding
    options, I find the WOD is easier to work with.

    Also WOD is useful if you have something like a RolePrivilege type
    conditional with maybe one or two bindings that is used repeatedly in
    the HTML and need only be defined once in the WOD.

    Just my 2 cents :-)

    Kieran