Re: status of WOL-342 issue? (build/ folder not suitable for compiled classes output)

From: Jephte CLAIN (Jephte.Clai..niv-reunion.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 00:03:56 EST

    Mike Schrag a écrit :
    >> Looking around for an explanation, I stumbled upon WOL-342 issue that
    >> address this exact problem.
    > WOL-342 is an against an ancient version of WOLips ... Is this something
    > that just started breaking? What was the last version you used that
    > worked? I can say that the intent of the build folder was not to store
    > classes, but I don't know offhand why it wouldn't work if you DO use
    > it. I've just never even tried it.

    hello, thanks for your reply.

    well, my english is broken, so I may have not understood the exact topic
    of WOL-342

    I have never used WOLips before. Instead, I have used custom scripts for
    5-6 years now (mainly a clone of the woproject build system), because I
    had specific developement/deployment needs.

    Now the entity modeler under eclipse seems very interesting, and I want
    to give it a try. Not to mention I should go the "standards" route.

    Since the new buildpath hotness, using WOLips with other build systems
    seems to be easier, and I must say I like it very much.

    Now if I could continue using the build/ folder as usual ;-)

    >> So my question is:
    >> - what is the status/current plan for this issue? will it be fixed?
    > I haven't heard of this before now, which makes it rank not very high on
    > the priority list ... Which isn't to say it won't be looked at/fixed,
    > just that I have bugs that annoy >1 person :)

    It is certainly easier for me to change my projects and build scripts.

    >> - I guess I have to change my projects and my scripts to no longer use
    >> build as a output folder. right?
    > Well, I'd be interested to hear the answer to the top questions first,
    > but it depends on whether you want your stuff to work now or "sometime".

    The problem is with shared frameworks that are not likely to change
    anytime soon, so I can link against the compiled and installed framework.

    let it be fixed "sometime" :-)

    best regards,
    jephte clain
    university of reunion